Re: [xmlblaster-devel] how to diagnose subscriber that stops getting messages after a while?

another problem.

I killed my client and restarted it. It logs in ok (it's using persistent login and a
positive session id number)

After login, jconsole still shows 70 cbQueueNumMsgs and loginDate of yesterday
and uptime of 24991.

I'm using the socket protocol..

It seems that when it goes from DEAD to the ALIVE state, xmlblaster doesn't start
delivering queued messages.

I clicked "clear callback queue".. Now the queued messages are 0.

I then send another message.

It doesn't get delivered.

Now cbQueueNumMsgs is 1. The lastCallbackException hasn't changed.

So I think, after a communication exception (update doesn't reply), xmlblaster
knows there's a problem. If the client disconnects and then re-logs in, xmlblaster
doesn't clear "the problem flag". So the connection is up, there really isn't an
error, but it's not going to try to deliver any more messages to this persistent
login.

I also note that uptime is still 25650 and login date is from yesterday. I think login
date should be when I last logged in, not when  I first established the persistent
session.

The only way I can get this session to start working again is to restart xmlblaster.

Is there something else you want me to check with jconsole before I do that? I
have to leave in 30 minutes.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com