Re: How do i get Sender Name?

Suhas Bharambe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am persisting all my Msg. i have set lazyrecovery = true in properties file. So even after restarting blaster server, i am getting all my msgs. but after calling getSender it's giving sender name as'_request _broker_' So How do i get the sender name of a particular msg after restarting server?

This was indeed incorrect, i have fixed this.
You can download xmlBlaster using cvs to get the corrected version.

>         other problem is  after restarting server it's again taking all the msgs. I want only new msgs which has not been received yet.
> pls send me solution for this.

Sorry, there is currently no solution for this.
After startup of xmlBlaster, clients do their subscriptions
again and will receive the initial update.

You can try this solution:

If you use the fail save mode, java clients will poll for xmlBlaster
until they can connect again.
You are informed in your client code about the reconnection with the
method

   public void reConnected()
   {
       // Do your coding here
   }

and can implement here some special code ignoring the initial message.
(See example in xmlBlaster/testsuite/org/xmlBlaster/TestFailSave.java
and requirement client.failsave.html on our homepage).

We could also introduce a new tag in the SubscritionQos e.g.

   <initialUpdate>false</initialUpdate>

which you could use in your subscription on reconnect.

hope it helps,

Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de
http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/