AW: XmlBlaster J2EE connector

Hi folks,

What does this mean? 'resource adapter' or '...it deploys fine...'?
We didn't use this terms in xmlBlaster before, so I have problems
to understand them.

> I have it in my own package and build hierarchy (I'am using a home grown
> make solution I build before ant hit the streets, and it integrates so
> well with emacs and jde that its hard for me to live without it ;-).
>
> Question is now: do you still want to integrate it into xmlBlaster.
Yes, that will be fine.

> This
> is the jar files that must be there:
>
> ejb2.0.jar  jacorb.jar  jta-spec1_0_1.jar  xmlBlaster.jar
> connector.jar  jaas.jar    jms.jar     parser.jar
Can you eyplain the meaning of the different jar's.

> Some of them are from XmlBlaster already to make my tests work, ejb2.0
> is for a testbean. The other stuff for compilation.
>
> For the package hierarchy. My plan is to write an MBean for XmlBlaster
> so that I can start it as an integrated service in  JBoss. This will
> probably work for other JMX servers to. I also plan to implement Message
> Driven Beans for XmlBlaster. As far as I can see it now this will be
> tightly coupled to JBoss, but need not be a part of JBoss (Its basically
> a BlasterContainerInvoker and some support stuff).
>
> type: org.xmlBlaster.j2ee
> org.xmlBlaster.j2ee.ra (or k2)
> org.xmlBlaster.j2ee.jmx
> org.xmlBlaster.j2ee.jboss.mdb
>
> And don't know the licensing status on the j2ee name though.
>
> These stuff will not be done overnight though ;-)
>
> By the way. Is there any way round the singleton/static Property
> handling for configuration?
As I know you can instantiate more than one Property objects.
If you want to use an other configration for the resource adapter,
just instantiate a new local Property object, with another property
filename.

It might become an obstacle if you have an
> XmlBlaster server running in the same VM as you have an XmlBlaster
> reasource adapter that you wants to communicate with another server
> outside the VM.

By the way. Great work, Peter.

Konrad.