Re: AW: [xmlblaster] Rule Based Publishing

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 Michele.Laghi at swisscom.com wrote:

>I had a (very) quick look at jeops and from a first glance it looks pretty similar to jrules (a commercial product). Making the choice of using it instead of javascript (or even tcl) could suddently transform xmlBlaster into a rules engine or even a complete workflow engine. This would broaden the application possibilities of xmlBlaster even more (I just saw what telecom companies are spending in workflow engines).
>
>So I think it might be interesting to give a closer look at jeops.
>
>Saluti
>Michele

I thinks JEOPS as well as Javascript have their advantages and
disadvantages.

Anyway the open concept of xmlBlaster allows us to choose either way
without blocking the other.

In my special case in which a rule has to be changed rarely by a
unexperienced programmer I'd tend to use JEOPS since it's being compiled
once and would therefore gives me a high performance gain though I haven't
tested it yet.

Servus

Heinrich