Re: [xmlblaster] XML newby question

Michael Atighetchi a écrit:

Hi Cyrille,

yes, my question was relating to a subscriber client (on the client
side). After reading up on XML, it seems like there are multiple
possibilities to extract information from XML strings:
- java regular expressions with parenthesis capturing (for the perl
hackers :)
- JAX DOM parser
- dom4j or JDOM (which claim to have a more JAVA like fealing to
them).

For the case below, sticking with java regular expressions seems fine,
so that is what I also used in my example.

I think regular expression are faster than a xml parser.

I prefer to use regex for messages elements. They are well know and does not use complex xml grammar.
And only if I've a really unknow xml content, I instanciate a xml parser.

Have fun with the really great xmlBlaster !

cyrille