Re: [xmlblaster] A couple of questions about messages in the log...

David R Robison wrote:
Can you tell me what these two message mean and what might cause them?
Nov 12, 2007 4:48:23 PM INFO 5625-XmlBlaster.DispatchWorkerPool.Albemarle911-15544 RL10 org.xmlBlaster.util.dispatch.DispatchManager prepareMsgsFromQueue: callback:/node/Albemarle911/client/StauntonSTC/1: Message callback:/node/Albemarle911/client/StauntonSTC/1/MAX/1194904103542000004/DomainHeartbeat-Albemarle911 is destroyed, ignoring it
Do you specify an expiration lifetime for your message which has elapsed?
Probably we should remove the logging output (change to debug).

Nov 12, 2007 5:11:10 PM WARNING 5645-pool-1-thread-934 RL10 org.xmlBlaster.engine.RequestBroker unSubscribe: UnSubscribe of __subId:StauntonSTC-XPATH1194902470209000000 by session /node/Albemarle911/client/StauntonSTC/1 failed

I think I'm having a issue with remote subscriptions. I have a program that connects to node A and subscribes to messages whose master is node B. If I exit ungracefully from node A and then reconnect, then my client queue appears to be almost full of messages from node B. I know this is probably as clear as mud... but I think these messages in the logfile may be related to my problem.
When your client disappears ungracefully (without unSubscribe) and its session is configured failsafe
the messages will queue up.

To avoid this consider to use none-failsafe login sessions which are destroyed
if the client disappears (its subscriptions are removed automatically).

Another option is to use the plugin
xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/contrib/mime/DropIfNotDeliverable.java
(from xmlBlaster 1.6.1 or newer).
It drops messages if subscriber is in POLLING state
See xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/contrib/mime/DropIfNotDeliverable.java javadoc for details

Thanks in advance, David

--
Marcel Ruff
http://www.xmlBlaster.org