Re: [xmlblaster] Design Questioin

Marcel/Michele,

I really appreciate the info below!

I was digging around in the ConsumableQueuePlugin and *Worker source
today and noticed the "round robin" list removal and addition approach
mentioned below.

I also ran the "javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe" and
"javaclients.HelloWorldPublish -numPublish 50 -consumableQueue true"
demo tonight with 4 subscribers, one publisher and I did not witness the
behavior I expected.  It was my understanding that when a message is
published on a topic with a ConsumablePlugin distributor that it will
only be sent to one of the active/alive subscribers? (got demo
instructions from
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/msgDistributor.plugin.ConsumableQueue.html
)

However, when I send the 'hello' message with the demo, all 4 of the
subscribers received it.  I took a look at the HelloWorldPublish.java
source and did not notice any location where there was a call to
<topicProperty>.setMsgDistributor() to set the ConsumablePlugin nor do I
see any place where it is grabbing the init arg Property
"-consumableQueue true" from the Global.

I am very sorry if this is a ignorant question, I am still learning.

Thank You,
Rob